Nearby you’ll find:
- The famous vineyards of Châteauneuf du Pape and other southern Rhône villages, such as Gigondas, Vacqueyras, Seguret, Rasteau and Cairanne.
- The Côtes du Ventoux and the Côte du Luberon, both of which offer great value wines.
- Some of France’s best morning markets, including Carpentras, Vaison la Romaine, and Apt.
- The remarkable early evening Velleron farmers’ market (marché agricole), which operates six evenings a week for most of the year.
- Too many interesting restaurants for you to even hope to visit them all – the hard part will be choosing.
To help, we’ll provide you with our personalised guides to the region’s food and wine secrets including:
- A day-by-day guide to the best markets
- Suggestions for Rhône, Ventoux and Luberon wines to buy and try
- A comprehensive restaurant guide
- Suggestions for day trips
When you book a stay at La Louche, we’ll email these guides to you, so that if you want, you’ll have time to read them and plan how you might spend your days before you arrive. And, if you live in Australia and you like the wines you discover in Provence, you might want to visit Living Wines, the website for our wine importing business where we sell wines from near Caromb and beyond that we enjoy in France.